Monday, October 1, 2012

Manly Stuff

Happy October!  I cannot believe it is fall already!  School has already started and the nights are getting chillier.  I love love love sweater season! 

Anyway, my husband is in the middle of applying for internships.  He is getting his MBA from BYU and they sent a flyer home (haha I feel like I am his mom) for business cards.  While they are professional looking....they look boring.  I thought about asking him to let me design his cards, but I didn't have to because he asked me first!  Let me tell you how wonderful it felt because I felt like he actually likes my work!  He always tells me he does and is super supportive of my little business but for him to actually ask me proved he was a fan.  So, I revised a business card I did for my homework while taking Nicole's Classes.  I think they look professional but are bold and sure to stand out.  At least, I hope.  I ordered these from here and added the Spot UV coating- which is why it is glossy and is slightly embossed.

He is also sending thank you cards to his interviewers and asked me to make him some manly thank you notes.  I wanted to incorporate his manliness as well as his passion for the outdoors.  He previously had picked out this card.  He decided it wasn't macho enough for him (I am making him sound chauvinistic- and he is not even at all!).  I made some drafts of potential cards and this is what we came up with:

For those of you that know Lorin, he is obsessed with mountains.  Any and all mountains.  We have lived in Utah for almost 10 years and he still looks at the Wasatch mountains in awe every time we drive by them- which is everyday because they are huge and go along the highway...for forever....

What do you guys think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment