I have a child that eats everything (sweet baby hah), a child that eats mostly everything and a child that eats nothing. I have a minor freak out at least 3 times a week that my middle child is going to starve. After about 2 weeks of making him green smoothies (which he loves!), I just wanted him to eat something NOT blended. My friend told me about these kale chips she makes her boys and they love them. This past week I got salad savoy, which looks like kale, so I gave it a go. All I had to say was "chips" and they dug their chubby little hands right in. I really don't give my kids junk so they
saw this as a sweet treat! Muahah- silly children. I actually loved them. I couldn't stop munching. And better yet, the kids ate them. Point for me.
Salad Savoy Chips:
1. Wash leaves and tear stems.
2. Once leaves are dry, put in a bowl and mix in about 1 tbsp. of olive oil and sprinkle salt. I used sea salt.
3. Preheat oven to 350.
4. Line cookie sheet with tin foil and spread leaves so that they form a cup.
5. Bake for about 16 minutes. I took them out at 15 minutes but should have kept them in longer as I like crispier chips.
6. Eat and eat as many as you can before you have to share! Just kidding.....this snack was for the kids....