Friday, June 15, 2012

Baby Adelle's Nursery....so far

I have gotten a late start with Baby #3.  One reason is that we *MAY* be moving but it all depends on a yes or no from a certain school.  And we won't know until July.....almost 2 weeks before baby comes.  Talk about stressful!

Anyway, I finished the baby blanket yesterday and the curtains a week or so ago.  I am procrastinating on other stuff because she may not have her own room.  I feel so behind! I have some clothes and burp cloths but I don't feel ready for her to come yet! Although I am so miserable I want her out...now! :)  

I got this at this shop.  LOOVE monogram stuff.  I will have her newborn pics taken in this.
I made these babies.  I made some for a friend for her first baby and made some for Adelle, too.  Spit up never looked so good.
 These are her curtains.  I bought the white panels at Target and just sewed on the pom poms. 
 I am in love with this blanket.  I want it for my bed! I made it big- so it would fit her toddler bed, too.  I made (aka my mom) Ashton and Oliver's blankets big, too, but not as big.  They LOVE those minky blankets.  This was my first time working with minky fabric and ric rac.  Don't look too closely, though! I was so nervous but I read some tutorials and the key was PIN, PIN, PIN.  Like every inch.  And I used a stretch needle.  Not sure if that is what made it easier.  My mom does not like working with minky but now I found the trick! 
Adelle will be in Oliver's old room, which we painted a sky blue for Ollie.  I feel bad kicking him out of his room but I think Ollie and Ashton will like sharing a room.  So, we are not going to repaint the room.  I like that it will be blue and have lots of magenta/coral/orange.  I like girly with some fun twists.  I will spray paint her frames and iron standing shelf gold...for some elegance.  We will see how it turns out- with a little less than 5 weeks to go!  I also will design some prints for her- can't wait!

P.S. I got all the fabric and embellishments at fabric.com.  I get almost everything from there. It is so nice because there is noooo way I am dragging my boys to a fabric store....it takes so long to look at fabric, find the perfect fabric, and then determine all the measurements for what you want.  No way.  I do everything online. I can't feel the fabric but I already kinda know what I am looking for beforehand. 

Can't wait for this little beauty to come in!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! Can't wait to see the room and that beautiful baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete